Wedding Dance Lessons in Atlanta
All couples who took Wedding Dance Lessons with me say they got More than they expected. See their testimonials (link below).
This cozy private dance studio is conveniently located to Atlanta, Marietta, Roswell, Alpharetta, Kennesaw, Smyrna, Vinings, Sandy Springs, Buckhead, Brookhaven, Chamblee, Norcross, and other parts of Metro area. It is easy to get to from I-75, I-285, or GA 400.
Just ask me why the cost of your training here is an Investment, not an expense. Which means it’ll keep paying you “dividends” for the rest of your life. What kind of dividends? You will know…
You don’t have to waste your time and money on “standard” First Dance lessons in dance studios! I’ve witnessed plenty of them… Find out why many believe I do not charge enough for what they get when they learn with me.
Then call 404-754-8272 or email ilya (at) tangobohemia.com
Here is what most wedding couples are usually accustomed to when learning their First Dance: memorizing rigid, choreographed steps of a certain dance (be it Cha Cha, Rumba, Fox Trot, or other), with their song playing only occasionally. This is by far Not the best way to learn an elegant and confident dance.
Also, chances are your fledgling choreography will fall apart during the actual dance, as few (if any) wedding couples have a lot of time, resources, or need to dedicate to learning the First Dance at a near professional level. It makes sense, since they are not planning to become professional ballroom dancers.
Important! – To make sure I can get back to you in response to your inquiry, please leave a phone number in a message when using the form on the Contact page. Sometimes my replies get filtered and end up in a spam folder :(
…or simply send an email to ilya (at) tangobohemia.com
Gift Certificates for Wedding Dance Lessons are available as well.
So, is there a better way to learn Wedding Dance?
Yes, now there is a better way to get you ready for a very special occasion! Here are some important advantages for taking lessons with us:
1. First, dance lessons are taught out of a private studio space in a nice, quiet residential area in East Cobb. I stopped teaching wedding couples in public dance studios 3 years ago. Sure, for regular lessons it would be just fine. However, there is a special requirement for a Wedding Dance – you have to get intimately familiar with the music/song you chose. There is no studio where you could play your own song more than a few times during a lesson. You have to share with other music, which is confusing and frustrating for learning. Not to mention distractions coming from other dancers on the same floor.
P. S. Another tangible benefit of avoiding public studios is…not having to pay their floor fee! This saves you quite a bit of money.
2. Secondly, the scheduling flexibility for you is nearly unlimited, provided there are no bookings by other couples for the times and days requested. I am available weekdays and weekends, some holidays, mornings, afternoons, and evenings. We could start at 8am or 9pm if you have to. This is especially important for wedding couples, whose To Do list is a mile-long. If something happens and you have to change your appointment, I do not recall the instance when I couldn’t accommodate the rescheduling.
In fact, as I was writing this I got a call from one of my couples who were on their way for the 6pm lesson, but got stuck in traffic in a thunderstorm. They decided to re-schedule the lesson after “fighting” traffic for over 30 minutes, so they’d be in a better state of mind. That was no problem, we found a new suitable time and day right then. No studio I know of would allow you this type of scheduling freedom.
3. Then there is a custom song editing service (included in the package). Quite often you have selected a special song with a sentimental value attached and would love to dance to it. Sometimes it works right “out of the box”, but sometimes a certain “tweaking” has to be done to it to make sure it is suitable for dancing (as opposed to just listening). I will analyze the song, offer my advice on what may have to be done to the song and then implement it using special software. To date I recall of only one or two songs we could not make dance-able, and those couples had alternative choices.
4. I also have to explain here about what type of a dance we will be learning. Please do not be confused by the website – we do Not need to learn Argentine Tango, unless this is what you request. The important point is that you start with a certain song, not a specific dance. Therefore I will not attach the song to a dance just to know which steps we have to learn. Quite the opposite! We will tailor the dance to your song.
Yes, this unique, effective, and fun approach will enable you to dance a natural dance to your song without feeling “boxed in” into a specific dance type. As an added benefit (and a life-long skill), by the end of our training you will discover how to dance to different songs without spending precious time and effort on learning it. And if you are not quite sure yet what to make out of it, it is fine. All you need is to contact me and start your lessons. Wonderful things will happen… :)
You do not have to SHARE Your music, Your space, and Your attention by taking Wedding Dance Lessons at a regular dance studio. There is a better way:
Call 404-754-8272, email, ask questions and schedule your first dance lesson.
(check out how Chilli (of TLC fame) took a dance lesson with me on VH1)
Wedding Dance Package Details ($50/h):
Limited time special: $330 for 6.5 hours of instruction /5 sessions (if you agree to provide a review after the last session).
Song editing is included if required, $50-75 value. See below.
Additional lessons (if desired) are at the package rate of $50/h.
Availability: 8am – 10pm, weekdays and weekends.
All it takes is 5 sessions, 6.5 hours, and not much strain on the budget for you to have an exciting experience. You will learn more than just the first dance, you’ll learn a secret to dancing TOGETHER. You’ll get to know each other better, it will make you happy on a dance floor at your reception, and as an added bonus, at any party or event from now on.
We will pay careful attention to your chosen music, edit it if needed to the right time, speed, and volume, and use just the right dance elements / steps to fit it. In the end we add an elegant beginning and a meaningful closing to make sure you look good for photo and video opportunities.
How does it sound to have:
- No stress while learning your First Dance
- No boring memorization of steps for one occasion
- No looking awkward on the dance floor :)
Imagine: the feeling of moving to music and with music, the feeling of a connection to your partner, the desire to continue dancing even after the song is over… It can happen when you learn your first dance with me.
Your First Dance Lessons in Atlanta
Package description: 5 sessions (6.5 h). The first one is 2 hour-long. We will cover the fundamentals of a partner dance. The other four will be 60 minutes each. We will decide on elements (from various dances) that suit your particular choice of music and make a flexible routine, with an opening and closing for photo ops and added impact. You will be able to vary the main part of the dance to your liking. It takes the stress out of you and allows you to focus on each other, as the bride and groom should during their first Wedding Dance.
Should you decide to enhance your Wedding Dance with more fancy steps, you are welcome to take extra lessons at a discounted rate of $50/h. Optional: 2 hour private, $140. You could also request an individual lesson ($75/h), although it doesn’t help much with the wedding dance.
Additional services (included in the package):
- advice on song selection, related to dance
- song editing for time (around 3 minutes is best)
- song editing for tempo (to get to the right ‘bpm’ for you)
- photos of your lesson (for your scrapbook if requested)
- short video clips for practicing at home (if requested)
Studio location: East Cobb, easy to get to from I-285, I-75, and GA400
Convenient to Midtown, Buckhead, Sandy Springs, Roswell, Alpharetta, Woodstock, Smyrna, Acworth, Kennesaw, Tucker, Norcross, Doraville, Chamblee, and other towns in Metro Atlanta Area. (see studio photo below)
I am so confident in my approach to teaching you Wedding Dance that I offer a no questions asked money back guarantee should you find the approach not working for you no later than 1 hour into the first session. See some of our first dance lessons testimonials. More to come.
Call 404-754-8272 or email and lets start!
Wedding Dance Lessons – The Approach
The secret to success is in applying certain principles of partner dancing to your learning – how to lead, how to follow, how to stay with the music, how to connect with each other – and come up with a relaxing and enjoyable dance. More importantly, my method will allow you to improvise during your dance at any time and any place. You can choose any song you like, for as long as it has a clear danceable beat. There is no need for memorization of complex choreography.
Your First Dance will be elegant, relaxed, and memorable. It’s memory will last a lifetime because everything you learn with me about dancing will stay with you, and can be put to good use at any Reunion, Party, Dance Club, or Social Event.
Important side benefits of our training are (among others):
- learning to connect better with your partner Off the dance floor as well.
- learning the true meaning of leading & following (they’re equally important)
Contact Ilya via email, on |Contact| page, or call 404.754.8272
Father-Daughter Dance or Mother-Son Dance
The father of a bride and the mother of the groom should be ready for a dance with a daughter or a son at the wedding. Our lessons can help you prepare for this exciting moment. With the Wedding Dance Lessons package the cost is $50 an hour with no minimum. We use the same method for a Father-Daughter dance and Mother-Son dance as for the Bride and Groom. Often an hour is all you would need.
I hope that even after your wedding and a successful First Dance you decide to continue this wonderful activity – dancing. You will get to enjoy great music, light exercise, acquire new friends, and a wonderful pastime.
(written by Ilya Bohemia)